Protecting your privacy is important to the Earth System Governance Project. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of data we collect
We may collect personal data when:
- You are part of any of our networks
- You are a recipient of support/grants/reimbursements
- You are receiving our newsletter or other email lists
- You contact us through email, phone, our website or social media
- You sign up/attend an event
- You leave your contact details to a representative during an event or meeting
- You open an email from us or click on a link in an email from us
- You make a donation via the website
- We receive them from external sources
The website earthsystemgovernance.org/oceans also collects information related to the post, comments, and edits made by registered users to that website.
Most of our websites use WordPress (USA) as content management system. Read their privacy notice here.
Surveys & Conference Platforms
For abstract submission, review, and registration to our annual conferences, we use Oxford Abstracts Ltd. (United Kingdom). Read their privacy & security policy here.
How we use collected information
We process personal data mainly for the purposes defined below and for any further purpose specified at time of collection:
- To inform you about our work and opportunities
- To comply with legal requirements regarding storage of agreements
- To send important information, such as changes in our terms and policies
- To create networks and consortia for our organization’s purpose
- To organize events and meetings
- To analyze our operations, networks, impact, etc.
How do we share information
We share information with the Earth System Governance Foundation (The Netherlands) and Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future (United Kingdom).
We may share information with the conveners of Earth System Governance Taskforces, the coordinators of Earth System Governance Research Centres, the Regional Research Fellow Coordinators, and other persons with a coordinating or facilitating role in the Earth System Governance Project.
We may share information with other companies that process data on our behalf. This enables us to perform our services, such as analysis, distribution or other services.
We may share limited information with policy or grant making institutions in the context of nominating or recommending experts for policy processes or acquisition of research and consultancy assignments from these institutions.
Access and corrections
If we process personal information about you, then you have a right under data protection law to request access to that personal information. You also have a right to require any inaccuracies in your information to be corrected free of charge. You can ask us to modify any details which are inaccurate by using the following contact information: email@example.com.